THE FEMALE QUIXOTE HOMELESS DIARY
travelling all the way down to you.

2009年7月24日

The round city wall in Avila

In the old town area.
A greedy and unpatient girl like me, didnt stop in Segovia though it is nice, I went to Avila in the afternoon at the same day, almost one hour I arrived Avila, another World Heritage Site which is famous for the 11th century city wall.How to reach Avila from Segovia
See, the city wall.

Did you see there was a bird on the top of the church? What a great view it has.

Spanish fries snacks, with sugar 2euro/one pack. can choose chocolate or other sweet sauce. I like it:)
When I arrived Avila it was almost 1900pm, I have no idea where to sleep so I was doing sightseeing and finding a place to sleep in the same time. After 2 hours I still didnt find a cheap hostel. The hotel/hostel in the old town they all mark "two stars", the price was up to 55 euro per room.
At the memont I was thinking if I was travelling with someone else then we definitely will take it. And I dont have to keep asking for cheaper room. Traveling alone still have some problems like nobody could share cost with you, or if you wanna talk then you can only go to ask for direction or go to shop buying something you dont need. "Excuse me, where is the toilet?" I did it many times when I really need to talk to someone.

I still didnt find a hostel, I went to the train station and wondered should I go to Salamanca directly? It was 2200 already, if go there, will arrive at around 2330pm, I need to hurry. But I have no idea if I could find a hostel in Salamanca or not...ohhhh, it was a trouble, then I looked up saw there was a hostel sign, just located the second floor of the train station! I went to the front door, it was locked, there was a piece of paper wrote some Spainish words and phone number I cant understand, but I suppose I can phone them. So I made a phone call, one old guy answered, then he spoke Spanish, I spoke English, of course we cant understand each other, I cant even show him my perfect "body language" cause we talked by phone. Then we hung up the phone, I guess he want to to wait in front of the door, after 10 mins he came. Sometimes I think I can read people's mind, even I dont understand what people said but I could feel what them want...haha. The room price was 25 euro per night by cash, with credit card you will need to pay the handling charge around 5% I guess. I got my own toilet, two single beds and TV! I took a hot bath then laid on one of the beds, touched the old wood cabinet, the old matel handles were with old fashion design, I love it very much.

I went to a shop and the owner was from China, we chatted a bit about this city, the famous local food, the life here...etc. Then I went back to hostel. The night was coming, I still felt terrible if staying outside at nihgt. That night I fall sleep with a boring movie.
Bus Schedule from Segovia to Avila (5 times per day during Mon to Fri)
Mon-Fri: 0730, 1030,1400,1630,2000. on Sat/Sun: 0900,1800. Festival: 2030; cost 6.69 euro/one way, 12.45/return, whole trip would take you one hour.

The hostel I stayed: Estacion Hostel (one star/25 euro per night by cash), just on the second floor of the Avila train station.
*If you are looking for accommodations on the street in Spain, you need to watch carefully for the sign "HR", which means "hotel" in Spain, and under "HR" you can see the small star which mean the level of their rooms.

2 則留言:

ㄚ盧 提到...

看起來好趕歐...

我之前其實曾經默默想過
也許掉了電腦會使你的旅程進入一種更深度的狀態、另一種不同的層次與感受

不過看到你的網誌還是很開心:)
很期待你繼續寫

匿名 提到...

ha, I believe it would be better if I could write in Chinese.

yes, thats true. I start drawing after lost my laptop,and I love doing it. the thing is when you draw you will find the different view in the city.You will notice the color changes between cities,the small design of building,the green grass, these big trees, flowers...etc, which is great, better than go to some famous places with annoying tourists.

Gill in Prague

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...